Saturday, October 24, 2009

My kids are not geniuses. Please refund $29.95 for the product I bought.

Today, I read this New York Times article about Disney's recent policy to offer refunds to all parents who purchased Baby Einstein educational videos and supposedly their child DID NOT become a genius.

I think this is a great example of a business standing behind their customer guarantee -- "we will refund when your expectation is not met, provided you acknowledge your incredulous beliefs were not met."

From Disney's standpoint, how many mothers will really acknowledge that their precious child did not turn out to be a genius?

I say the score for frivolous class action attorneys: 0, business smarts: 1
No Einstein in Your Crib? Get a Refund

Mr. Steve Levitt: Here is another case study for you!

No comments: