Monday, February 2, 2009

Wii Saturation Point

To be honest, I'm always presently surprised by the Wii's continued sales success. After the initial fun of many casual games though, I keep looking forward to the next game of substance that isn't a GameCube port... I still play Super Mario Galaxy. Many regular gamers I talk to have reach a similar point as well. With the casual gamer niche the Wii has found along with game development costs, especially in current economic conditions, it's hard to expect anything epic.

At the same time, it does make it confusing to imagine Nintendo possibly releasing a more expensive HD console as discussed on many sites. I wonder what how many casual gamers would be willing to re-buy unless there were additional hardware updates... more accurate controls, etc.

No comments: