Friday, October 30, 2009

"Carrying the bag" from Marc Benioff

Here is an interview with Marc Benioff -- the CEO of Salesforce.com. Very early on my career, I realized starting at the bottom of any organization and/or learning about the real users how they do their work, gives the best picture of what an user wants and how you can sell to them.

Almost two decades ago, indeed I did start at the bottom -- as a lowly performance improvement analyst at $23,000 per annum salary, which subsequently led me to "learn to see" and understand how one of the most complex (process-wise) organization on planet aka "hospital" works. A learning that I could not have replicated or learned in any other way.

Our PAKRA products simulate how users do their work and learn .. i.e. customer-driven, hence Marc Benioff's comments resonates with me and are reinforced every day in our PAKRA culture.

Read more ...

Salesforce.com’s Marc Benioff: ‘Many CEOs are afraid to get too personal’

No comments: